Thursday, May 21, 2009

Awesome day for Bev and Ase Berit!











On Tuesday May 19th, Pete took Ase Berit (our exchange student) and I to Hurricane, Utah to Skydive! This has been a dream of mine for years and I thought that I would never see the day when I would actually go, but our exchange student, Ase Berit, wanted to skydive too and she is going back home to Norway in just three weeks so we told her that we would take her so Pete insisted that I went as well. He of course would not even consider the idea of jumping out of a plane. (Big chicken!) The web page http://www.skydivezion.com/ gives you an idea of what it is like, which is absolutely AWESOME! I was hoping to post my video which I paid to have made while I was falling but it won't download. (probably protected) Anyway, go to the site and watch their videos. Just put my face in there and you will see how excited I was to be free falling from the sky and then flying like a bird after the parachute deployed! He even let me pull the rip cord!
Needless to say, I thought that one time would be enough for me but now I am wanting to go again already. It costs a pretty penny though but was worth it. I am going to save up to go again next year with some of my kids. Yes.....I would let my kids do this too!
The man in the first picure is Dave the owner of skydive zion. He spends about a half hour teaching us what to do and then of course, he is tied to the back of us for the actual dive, called tandem diving. He made this dive lots of fun! If you decide to go skydiving, tell him Beverly Peterson sent you!

5 comments:

Bob and Joyce Wold said...

Oh my GOODNESS!! You BRAVE thing! Repelling and bungee-jumping are as far as I'll go, I'm afraid!! WAY TO GO BEV!! Ü

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Bev--I can see you doing this! But as my dad would say "Why would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane?" Your yard looks amazing! Such fun to see the things going on in the Peterson home!

Bleak's said...

You bet you are going again! WITH ME! Andrew says "no" but I told him I have my moms permission! :)
The yard looks really good. Andrew likes it too! WE can't wait to see it. Are you guys going to put up the playground thing? Love you!

Camille said...

awesome...I'm going for sure with you and Dougie! :)
Jonathan laughed at seeing you guys practice, he remembers doing that too. And being hecka nervous!

Anonymous said...

Bev you are CRAZY!!!